Thread: IR emitter for MCE remote receiver?

IR emitter for MCE remote receiver?

I am running Windows Vista 64 bit on my machine and I use a Microsoft IR remote control to control Media Center. This computer also has a ATI 650 PRO tv tuner card and prior to this I was running my cable provider's cable directly into the same tuner card to get the lower standard cable channels. Now I have recently bought a cable set top box and the cable feed is into the set-top box and then to the tuner card which lets me see HD digital channels. This setup was perfectly detected by Media Center Edition and the system is also working properly. But at the time of the setup, Media center was requiring a confirmation that it could use its IR signal to change the set-top box's channels. So I had to bypass this check because I was not having any IR transmitter with the MS remote. So, can anyone tell me whether the MS IR transmitter is available? Thanks

Re: IR emitter for MCE remote receiver?

You can buy some like Mini Stick-On IR Emitters from smarthome website. This tiny emitter has a self-adhesive pad that allows it to be stuck directly to the IR sensor window of your audio/video equipment. This configuration gives you the highest level of signal transmission accuracy. Continues to allow external IR signal through (so that you can still use your remote by directly pointing it at your audio/visual component).

Re: IR emitter for MCE remote receiver?

You can go to various websites to buy the IR 'bug' if you need it, it is more likely that you need the complete Media Center Remote and USB trasceiver with IR bugs.

So if you want for Vista.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16880121004

And if you want for MCE 2005 and Vista.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16880100851