Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Stop Media Center Loading at Startup?

MediaCenter

Old 16-10-2008

Stop Media Center Loading at Startup?

I?m using a Gateway laptop with Vista Home Premium. There is also media Center installed. Yesterday while updating Windows Updates I found many updates and patches installing for MediaCenter as well. I don?t use Media Center (only once or twice a month). So I would like to disable it an prevent starting with windows.

Someone suggested me to go to tasks > settings > general > startup and remove the check for "start windows media center when windows starts." I did the same but yet it starts with windows.

Does anyone here know how to stop it completely loading with windows? Many thanks.

Old 16-10-2008

Re: Stop Media Center Loading at Startup?

Yes, you can do this by going to Settings > General > Startup and Window Behavior. Here makes sure to uncheck “start Media Center when Windows starts.” That’s it. Now save the settings. Also make sure that if you use MCE remote keyboard or Media Center remote, then prevent either of them sending the signal for some reason. Now restart check if it loads again.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > MediaCenter
Tags: