Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

My copy of windows (GENUINE) not passing validation

MediaCenter

Old 08-10-2008

My copy of windows (GENUINE) not passing validation

Sorry if this post is going up in wrong section. Recently my Windows XP Pro was infected with Virus. However I took it to a local repair shop who removed all virus and cleaned my computer. Now the problem am facing is an icon sits always in my system tray which takes me to validation site which takes a month to read with hundreds of confusing options. Iím no longer able to run windows updates as well because it says validation process could not be completed.

I donít know why this error is occurring though my windows is 100% genuine. I wanted to know if there is any working solution for this. Also can it be fixed by re-installing windows again? Please let me know soon. Thank you very much.

Old 08-10-2008

Re: My copy of windows (GENUINE) not passing validation

I have never heard virus removes the genuinity of windows. Did the local shop guy formatted your system and re-installed windows again? If yes, they would have put wrong windows. And if they dint formatted, then you should better try to activate your windows on Phone. Before you do this you can give try by changing / re-inserting the product code again. It should help.
Old 12-10-2008

RE: My copy of windows (GENUINE) not passing validation

First of all download and install MGADIAG.exe program from this link go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 and post the results here. Meanwhile you can check 'Windows Genuine Advantage does not validate a copy of Windows XP' at this KB: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/916247

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > MediaCenter
Tags: , , ,