Thread: How to protect MMS or HTTP or RTSP stream from leeching?

How to protect MMS or HTTP or RTSP stream from leeching?

I am new to windos media server. I saw so many web sites Running their Livestreams (Paid) or Free. All in Most can be seen from web source(html) and can be use on any other site.

like mms://domainname/pp

I want to make a new server for streaming. But want to protect my stream that can be play only Internal to my own Website Mediaplayer(Windows Media player only).

So any users can see the MMS:// (Address) from(Html) source or from any source. He can not play my stream to OWN Windows Media Player or Embed them to any other site.What Should I Do for this?

Pm me I can give you the Example who did it and You can not play or put that mms on your own server or WMP. Thanks in advace becasue I am Totally new to WMS 2003 .

Justin.

Sorry for my Double post as Page link was Broker and I just refreshed ,so may be posted twice same question.

Please PM e-mail address.

I am thingking for Live stream and them re-stream them. I have Html and PHP pages. I am totally new in this Field. I m in way of understanding things. ASP Idea is great , but Peple can get the the URL from source and then ca be used for Few seconds , before the session generated URL expired live 10 to 15 or 20 seconds , they grab URL and put it on there on Re-stream Server. So I want to make it only works within My own Site.Anytime anyone try to leech not possible. Only works within my Own Domain name only.

Re: How to protect MMS or HTTP or RTSP stream from leeching?

I think you should build a ASP page as that will create unique / onetime usage tokens. There are many tips provided on web regarding the same but you can do it yourself as well if you want. Other think I can suggest is build dynamic SMIL (Server side playlist) generator page. This is also in ASP and it will check token, if it was issued and was it already used. You can also create server side playlist that streams if the token is valid.

Well I don’t think there is any problem in upgrade your token check algorithm, by bonding IP address with token, preventing token sharing but remember that whatever you do, there is no way to get 100% safety. If you need you will have to go for DRM license.

Hi Jerislav,

Is it possible for me to contact you about some details in regarding to setting up a dynamic server-side playlist generator?

thank you.

Hi PeterTan,

Adding dynamic server side playlists is something considered for a future release -- until then you'll have to customize the included player source code to populate the playlist dynamically. The simplest way to go about this would be to have a server side XML file in the same format as the XML that Exocer creates and places in "default.html" -- the add some code to download the XML file from the server and parse it into a playlist using the existing parsing code.