Thread: Scientific Atlanta IPN330HD code

Scientific Atlanta IPN330HD code

I have a Media Center Edition 2005 system and finally got Scientific Atlanta IPN330HD code working on my system. Earlier it was working but partially, I mean that when MCE (or manually via the remote) attempted to change the stb to a channel that had repeated digits (i.e. 11, 22, 110, 144, etc), only the non-repeating digits were accepted. I made the registry changes outlined below by changing the procedure I used to train the IR blaster.

Here is the solution:

1) you have to use IR learning to teach it your remote BUT!!! you have to use each button during the learning process in a non-intuitive way - that is, you have to train each number once, then cover the remote control and press the number again, then train the same number the second time. MCE will then progress to the next digit. (E.g. press the 1 on your STB remote while touching your IR receiver on MCE (i.e. the beanbag aka blaster box) then point the stb remote control IR "eye" into your hand and press the "1" key again) - Note, I had an IR diagnostics system installed that showed me that the stb remote control unit was not sending the same code on each keypress but alternated (roughly) which suggested to me that I should try the method described above and it worked.

2) Once the stb remote control unit has been "learned" by MCE, you have to set the speed. You can use the "fast" speed by just selecting "Yes, the channel changed as expected" in the wizard since you will change this value in the registry following the instructions found at Matt Goyer's blog (<http://mediacenter.mattgoyer.com/2004/12/14.html>)
    NOTE: I set the number of digits to 4 and "Yes" to use the [Enter] key.

3) Changing the registry key found in Matt Goyer's blog, I set the values to

keyinterval = 500 (I tried this value > 1000 but I don't think MCE accepts more than 3 digits as this appeared to screw up the TV signal.

keyduration = x x x (i.e. I left this at the default which is most likely taken as = keyinterval so you should be able to set this to 500 as well but it worked for me at the default.

channelpause = 999 (I tried this as over 1000 but I don't think that MCE accepted this value)

Once I made these three value changes, my system worked perfectly!

Re: Scientific Atlanta IPN330HD code

Based on a guess I picked VERIZON. There is only one STB code listed for Verison, pick that one. The channels changed via the +/- and the numbers. I had previously chose 3 numbers and NO to Press OK or Enter. I have been once again enjoying the fact I am now in control of when I watch what I want to watch. Sadly I will loose that when I upgrade to HD.
    Last edited by Casca; 15-04-2009 at 05:23 AM.