Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Blu ray support in windows media play and media center

MediaCenter

Old 28-08-2008

Blu ray support in windows media play and media center

I know there are various third party softwares and media players which can play Blu-Ray movies on Windows PCs, but I would like to know when Microsoft is going to embed BluRay support in its own Windows Media Player and Media Center? Any idea?

Old 05-12-2012

re: Blu ray support in windows media play and media center

The only think required to play any format is correct Codec. I don?t know when the manufacturers will make such codec for WMP and MC. As far as I?m concerned, I already purchased PowerDVD Ultra which supports HD-DVD and Blu-Ray to watch BluRay movies on my Vista computer. If you want to play it in Media Player only than you will need a Blue ray Drive and Blue ray Codec which is probably going to be downloadable soon.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > MediaCenter