Thread: Verizon Fios & Windows Media Center Questions

Verizon Fios & Windows Media Center Questions

I am willing to use my xbox as the media server at my home. It can help me to create a centralized location for media sharing. I had rip all the movies and kept them at the location place. This somehow help me to stream the content on any device I had in the room. This are the files which are stored in the network. I need some suggestion on streaming HD content on it. I am going to subscribe a service from Verizon and that offers HD video. Is that possible. There will be a set top box and I am going to get a good tv tuner card.

You can do that by using a Digital Cable Tuners. There are some set top box that comes with Media Center Connectivity. You need a much appropriate card is using it properly on media center or else it is not going to work properly. For True HD experience you will need a nice streaming hardware. Or else it will be a just waste of time in spending for money to get proper output.

Before going for that check the specification of tv tuner or the set top box that you are going to add. It is always recommended that you spend on the most compatible device or else it is just a waste of money. There are ample of devices on the web that offers you similar devices that work well with media center.