Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > MediaCenter
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Vista Windows Media Center Extender fails to connect with new HP MediaSmart Connect x280n

MediaCenter

Old 08-08-2008

Vista Windows Media Center Extender fails to connect with new HP MediaSmart Connect x280n

I have installed Windows Media Center on my HP Pavilion tx1000 running Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit but Vista Windows Media Center Extender fails to connect to my newly bought HP MediaSmart Connect x280n. By now i have tried disabling antivirus and have tried uninstalling and reinstalling software that came with MediaSmart Connect x280n quite a few times but no luck. I have contacted HP support and they were of no help, they had suggested me the same things and finally said that i will have to visit their nearest service center to get the HP MediaSmart Connect x280n checked. I just want to know if there is anything i can check out my own before visiting their center?

Old 08-08-2008

Do you have VeriSoft Access Manager installed in your HP Pavilion tx1000 ??? As far as i am aware HP netbook comes pre-installed with "VeriSoft Access Manager". So if you have it, then uninstall it and try connecting your HP MediaSmart Connect x280n again. I was facing same problem with my HP MediaSmart Connect x280n and HP pc, later i found that there is some kind of compatibility issue between HP MediaSmart Connect's Windows Media Center Extender and the VeriSoft Access Manager software. Just try out what i have mentioned and let me know if that helps you as well, best of luck.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > MediaCenter
Tags: , , , ,