Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

static noise in headphones

MediaCenter

Old 30-07-2008

static noise in headphones

Iíve a Vista running desktop at home. Recently bought a new headphone. When I connect the headphone I can hear a static sound though there is nothing running on my PC. I mean thought there is no sound clip or windows sounds playing, I can hear a static sound in the headphones. Surprisingly it comes even if I mute my vista.

Can anyone please tell whether it is Vista problem or headphone problem? Any solution instead of replacing brand new headphone?

Old 31-07-2008

Re: static noise in headphones

Just check your playback devices and you see Mic enabled, then probably that could be the cause because that's one way to pick up static and extraneous noise and have it feed back to the headphones. Just try disabling the MIC and see if static noise coming yet.
Old 01-08-2008

Thank you very much for the help Amosz. I disabled the Mic but still the noise remains there in headphone. Its very annoying. What else could be the reason?

Thanks again.
Old 04-08-2008

Hey, did you tried checking this headphone in some another computer and another headphone in your PC?

It doesnít matters if it is the new headphone, it might be faulty as well. Just give a test.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > MediaCenter
Tags: , ,