Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Media Player
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows Media Player 11 will not recognize my internal CD burner

Media Player

Old 06-05-2008

Windows Media Player 11 will not recognize my internal CD burner

I am using Dell Inspiron laptop with Windows XP service pack 2 and I have also got sony cd writer that is an internal CD burner. If I am trying to select the burn option in Windows Media Player then it will not see the same cd writer. If I go to options then WMP shows my Sony CD burner on its device list, so I dont know that it is there or not. I dont know why WMP 11 is tell me to connect an external cd burner when it should be looking at my internal Sony CD burner? Can anyone please help me out.

Old 28-05-2008

Can you check whether the Sony CD writer has a recording tab listed on it when you view the Properties for it in Windows Explorer? I was having a similar kind of issue and I had some software called Deepburner but after when I uninstalled it and then removed the burner from the device manager and then restarted the computer then my computer found the CD writer right away.
Old 30-06-2010

Follow the below steps to solve the issue:
  1. Click Start, and then click Run.
  2. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
  3. In the navigation pane, locate and then click the following registry subkey:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
  4. In the right pane, click UpperFilters.
  5. On the Edit menu, click Delete.
  6. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
  7. In the right pane, click LowerFilters.
  8. On the Edit menu, click Delete.
  9. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
  10. Exit Registry Editor.
  11. Restart the computer.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Media Player
Tags: , , ,