Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Media Player
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows Media Sharing Service will not start

Media Player

Old 12-04-2008

Windows Media Sharing Service will not start

When i start windows media sharing service i get an error message saying "Could not start the Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service service on Local Computer. Error 1008: An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist." what can i do to fix this???

Old 12-04-2008

RE: Windows Media Sharing Service will not start

Which version of windows you are running?? if you are running windows xp than i will like to inform you that UPnP is not installed by default in xp and it has to be installed for media sharing. So install it first and try starting windows media sharing service after that. Let me know if you need further assistance to fix this issue.
Old 22-11-2009

Below is what i had done to fix the above issue in my case
  1. First install networking options in add/remove windows components
  2. Than go in to services , select properties on the windows media sharing service, click on log on tab and change 'log in as' to 'local system account'.
Hope that helps.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Media Player
Tags: , ,