Thread: Stop WMP 11 from attempt to sync memory cards

Stop WMP 11 from attempt to sync memory cards

I wanted to know a way to stop automatic scanning of every memory card that I insert in the USB reader? I found it really frustrating because when I use windows media player to watch any person with IP Cam, then if it is up and running to make it think its alright to scan everything. Can anyone tell me how to disable it completely. Apart from the annoyance, it will also kick the player out of skin mod that is even more annoying as compared to shutting down the video that I am watching. Thanks for any help.

Re: Stop WMP 11 from attempt to sync memory cards

So, after testing some more thing I came to some conclusions. When I hit cancel then WMP attempts to sync will not work and that is what stopping whatever I am watching and that will also pull you out of skin mode and will take you to the library. Also, to stop it the only way is to allow WMP to add the device to sync and then hit the properties windows and tell it not to sync. We should actually get an option to do not sync anything on WMP.

Until the time you are changing something to handle some of the user driven event, a new user will not understand what was happening to the inserter product. I think that handling autoplay and ecenting is definitely an interesting challenge of the modern computing time and there are a number of valid approaches for same.

I am very much affected by this problem and the main reason is that it makes me want to switch the Windows Media Player that I am using. I am not able to see the issue by adding a prohibition that will say that dont try to sync any device by going under Properties >> Device, which should have been implemented on this program.

Actually, as the windows media player is already handled by you in youe hands then it can be only be a suggestion for the future implementation. I also think that this was already passed along many times before but it seems to not provide any immediate benefit for anyone now. Could you tell us what kind of specific behaviour you are trying to stop by the way?

You can try to stop the player to sync when you connect your device. If your device syncs automatically, the Player starts sync every time you connect the device to a computer. You can turn this option off if you want to choose when sync starts by doing the following:
    1. Click the arrow below the Sync tab, point to the device, and then click Advanced Options.
    2. The properties dialog box for your device is displayed. In the Sync tab, clear the Start sync when device connects check box.
    3. The next time you want to sync, connect the device to your computer, click the Sync tab, and then click Start Sync.

More information on this page - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...sked-questions

It is very easy to stop and disable a service which is called WPDBusEnum which is simply for Portable Device Enumerator Service. Once that service is stopped then after that there will be no disturbance of Windows Media Player sync of automatic devices such as tge flash memory card reader or anything.