Thread: missing dll file

missing dll file

I am getting an error message saying missing dll file "wmdrmsdk.dll was not found" while launching windows media player 11. I have checked out for the file in my system but i am not able to find it out any where. Is there a way to get back this file and get media player working? If yes than please let me know how?

Re: missing dll file

Try running sfc /scannow command it helps in replacing and repairing missing or corrupted system files.
    • Go to start, click on run, type "cmd" without quotes and click on
    • Once you get black windows opened type "sfc /scannow" without quotes and hit enter

A small scanning process will get started for finding and replacing missing or corrupted system files. Once it gets completed reboot your system and try launching windows media player. I think it should work but if it doesn't than you can revert back to me fir further help.

I have tried running sfc /scannow command but it dint found any missing file and it dint repaired anything as well. The same problem still exists.I tried searching web for wmdrmsdk.dll file and came across some site having a download for it but even after downloading it and placing it in the required path i am getting the same error. I don't think i am missing out anything but let me know if i am, further help for fixing this error will be appreciated, thanks in advance.

A better idea will be uninstalling and re-installing windows media player. I remember i was getting missing dll file message after installing media player 10 in my system. I had tried searching for that file and had downloaded it form microsoft site as well but that i wasn't able to get it working. Later i simply uninstalled and re-installed media player and since than i haven't faced any issue with it by now. Just give it a try and let me know if simply re-installing media player helps you out as well.

If the software was written properly in the first place people wouldn't need hacks and get-arounds.

I had a perfectly good working WMP9, I selected updates and it tried to update me to WMP11. After restarting my machine (a step that makes Windows look stupid I might add) I'm faced with "missing this and missing that!" dialogs - even removing WMP and readding it doesn't work - amatuer rubbish!

I now have to waste my time looking around the internet for solutions when all I want to do is shout at Microsoft "Get this f** thing sorted and stop wasting my f**g valuable time!!!"