Thread: How to play 24 bits AIFF audio files with windows media player v9?

How to play 24 bits AIFF audio files with windows media player v9?

Does anyone know a way to play the AIFF audio file which is of 24 bits in Windows Media Player 9? I have already installed the K-lite codec pack 3.70 which isnt working for same. the 24 bits wave files can be played on most of the media players that I have but it is not able to play the Aiff 24 bits audio file? Also, programs like Winamp and Foobar is not going to be used by me becuase I want to use minimal media players on my computer as possible. So, does anyone have any solutions for this problem? Thanks in advance.

re: How to play 24 bits AIFF audio files with windows media player v9?

Have you tried installing FFDShow and checked if that worked for you or not? FFDshow can decode DivX video format (including Mpeg4 and Xvid) without requiring it to install a codec pack likeNimo Codec Pack or ACE Mega Codec for example. Developed under the GPL (Open Source), this lightweight utility recognizes divx formats, XVid, MPEG 4 (v1, v2 and v3) and allows treatment (post-processing) videos to improve display. FFDShow is also able to resize video on the fly, to soften or strengthen.

You can also try GSpot which is a software that tells you what codec you need to use to read the audio and video file, incase if the files are not readable in the computer. GSpot will put an end to these problems by accurately determining the codec used to encode a Divx file or some audio file. As if that was not enough, this software also gives the duration of the video, "bitrate", resolution and displays comments related to the file.

Re: How to play 24 bits AIFF audiofiles with windows media playerv9?

It was noted that below versions of Windows Media Player support this file type:
    1. Windows Media Player 7
    2. Windows Media Player for Windows XP
    3. Windows Media Player 9 Series
    4. Windows Media Player 10
    5. Windows Media Player 11

Apple Computer developed the Audio Interchange File Format (AIFF) audio file format. You can use this format to store high-quality sampled audio and musical instrument information. For mofe information go to this link - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316992