Thread: Windows Media Player 11 wont stream in vista home premium

Windows Media Player 11 wont stream in vista home premium

I am running Windows Vista on my system with Windows Media Player 11. I am able to play all the videos and songs from the hard disk and the cds and I am also able to stream the video online. But from yesterday there was an unexpected shutdown of my computer due to power cut and from that period I am not able to stream any video or audio online. I have tried resetting the library but that didnt work for me either. Could anyone help from this problem?

error update

Just now I started getting the below error message that you can see:

“Windows Media Player cannot play the file because the specified protocol is not supported. If you typed a URL in the Open URL dialog box, try using a different transport protocol (for example, "http:" or "rtsp:"). Error C00D11BB”

I have tried to change the different settings in the WMP 11 for streaming videos and audios but although the settings are correct, it still doesnt work. I am connecting using a broadband connection and there are also no problems with this internet. Help

Even I was facing the same problem, but now I have solved it with the below method:
    1. First of all go to start > and then run > and then copy and paste the below lines:
    2. regsvr32 C:\WINDOWS\system32\wmnetmgr.dll
    3. After that click on OK
    4. Check now, your Windows Media Player with work fine without the error code, hope this helps.

Re: Windows Media Player 11 wont stream in vista home premium

Thanks alot mate. That solution which you have posted really worked for me. By the way do you know what does that error code mean, I wanted to know what could be the problem which might be affecting this.