Thread: Error - region code weird issues

Error - region code weird issues

I am using this Windows Vista computer since a year without any problem. I use to play videos from my external as well as internal hard drives on Windows Media Player 11, again ‘Without problems’. Yesterday night this system crashed due to some unknown reason and since then WMP11 started behaving weird. There are few DVD (vob) files on my external drive those were working fine with WMP before the crash but now when I try playing the same I get an error message saying:

“Windows Media Player cannot play the DVD because the disc prohibits playback in your region of the world. You must obtain a disc that is intended for your geographic region.”

When I click Web Help, I get Error code C00D1169. When I copy the same VOB files to my internal drive and try playing them, this time it says “Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file. For additional assistance, click Web Help.” Here when I click web help, it gives error code C00D11B1.

Somebody please help getting rid of this problem.

Re: Error - region code weird issues

I just started having this same problem. I have my entire DVD collection backed-up to hard drive and nicely presented in Media Center. When I went to watch a movie that worked fine before, I got an error about the DVD region and the movie won't play.

<<Windows Media Player cannot play the DVD because the disc prohibits playback in your region of the world. You must obtain a disc that is intended for your geographic region.>>

I haven't noticed any other issues, but several of my movies are suddenly having the same problem. The DVDs will still play in VLC, but that defeats the purpose of having Media Center with a remote, making things incredibly frustrating.

Is there a fix for this?? Thanks!

Re: Error - region code weird issues

Hmm, just did a system restore when I noticed Windows had applied an update right before my problems started. Not sure what was in the update, but everything seems to be working fine now, no DVD region errors with Media Center or Media Player. Maybe that's all there is to it *shrug*