Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Media Player
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows Media Player- Connect to Burner and restart burn

Media Player

Old 26-12-2007

Windows Media Player- Connect to Burner and restart burn

I have installed windows Media Player 11 and just after installed it my optical drive is not getting recognized any more. When i click on burn tab of media player than i get an error message saying "Connect a burner and restart the player". I don't know how Windows Media Player has ruin my optical drive. Is there anyone who has faced same issue or has any idea??? I need to fix this as soon as possible. Any help regrading this will be highly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Old 28-12-2007

Re: Windows Media Player- Connect to Burner and restart burn

Are you quite sure that this issue has arose after installing windows Media Player 11?? If yes than uninstall it and check out if your optical drive gets detected after that. Just reboot your system after uninstalling WMP and see if it is appears as a drive in explorer. If it doesn't than you can refer below article for fixing the issue.
Your CD drive or DVD drive is missing or is not recognized by Windows or other programs
If it does than there might be something wrong with windows Media Player 11 and you will have to install some other media player.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Media Player
Tags: , , ,