Thread: c00d11b1 - Error - 80040241 source filter for this file could not be loaded

c00d11b1 - Error - 80040241 source filter for this file could not be loaded

Hi,

I really need help. I have windows media player 11 and For some reason I can't play any mpeg files on wmp, realone player, divx. But i can play on quicktime. For windows media player i get the error C00D11B1 wen i click web help on the error message and the error 80040241 - source filter for this file could not be loaded which i have looked up on microsoft site but found the help worthless which was disappointing. I have read other peoples comment and vast amount of people had this similar issue and are still seeking for help. I have read through the comments and found out it was a codec problem. I was able to play these files long time ago but now i can't play them. People have said that it was because of samsung pc studio installed on the computer, which i had a long while ago, but i uninstalled it and still get the same problem wen playin mpeg files.

Plz Can someone help me and all others who hav the exact same problem. Thank you.

PS: Anyone havin the same problem is because they hav samsung pc studio on their computer or may hav once had it on their computer. Samsung pc studio installs codecs that clash with other codecs on your computer. Some people hav uninstalled their version of samsung pc studio completely and others hav installed newer versions of Samsung Pc Studio which seemed to solve the problem, but however, for me it did not work. Try it out, it may work for you.
    Last edited by SDdot1; 18-12-2007 at 05:44 AM.

Re: c00d11b1 - Error - 80040241 source filter for this file could not be loaded

Yeah, Samsung pc studio is well known for messing up with mpeg filters that prevent WMP and probably other players as well to play meg or mpeg files. The best solution or the same is download and install Combined Community Codec Pack (CCCP) and the problem will be solved. You can google for its download URL.

If after installing the same still you face the same problem then just uninstall Samsung PC Studio and the problem will be solved for sure.

Hi,

The following are the installed MPEG-2 decoders that show up in DecCheck:
    -Cyberlink Video/SP Decoder - set as preferred
    -Nero Video Decoder
    -Nero DVD Decoder
    -Nero Video Decoder HD

Cyberlink Video/SP Decoder as default is set as preferred because it says it is compatible with wmp10 (i have wmp version 11), and the nero decoders are not compatible with wmp10 so therefore, it is not recommended to switch the priority to nero decoders.

I am also guessing that there may be hidden MPEG-2 decoders that do not show up on DecCheck.

The problem still has not been solved.

Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.

Can you tell me what is the exact file extension of the video files with which you are getting the problem? If it's one of the core files, you might benefit from reinstalling DirectX 9.0c to refresh the MPEG-1 support. Better try updating Direct x as well. You can get the same from here

The file extensions from the list that I am having problems with is all of the .mpeg, .mpg files

I can't reinstall directX because the following message appears when I try to install:

DirectX setup has determined that a newer or equivalent version of DirectX has been installed already. No installation is necessary.

Error - 80040241 source filter for this file could not be loaded

This error message also appears when I am running a program that uses these file extensions or when I click on something in the program that plays these file extensions.
    Last edited by SDdot1; 03-01-2008 at 11:03 PM.

There seems to be some problem with your decoders. Ok do one thing, download and install this Video Decoder Checkup Utility and run. Let it analyze the decoders and see what does it indicates. Does it says MPEG2 (DVD video) decoder is installed and compatible with media player?

Yes, DecCheck does indicate an MPEG2 (DVD video) decoder is installed which is
    Cyberlink Video/SP Decoder and also indicates that it is compatible with *WMP10*.

But, I am using WMP11 on my computer and it does not say anything about WMP11. And, I was able to play .mpg and .mpeg files a really long time ago using WMP11.

I have also updated directX but still get the same error message when playing .mpeg and .mpg files.

I have reinstalled Cyberlink PowerDVD software and still get the same problem.
    I don't think the problem has got anything to do with Cyberlink software because I just installed this software on my computer recently and the problem that I have got started way before I even installed Cyberlink software.

Hi Neil,

Thanks for all the help.
    Just want to say all the .mpeg and .mpg files are playing fine now with WMP11, DivX and all other players.
    The problem was that I had a hidden decoder (called: PSI_V All In One Decoder from Even Technologies Inc.) that did not show up in DecCheck and was clashing with all the other decoders. I just recently spotted that this decoder was installed on my computer by looking through the Add/Remove Programs windows. I did not know what this decoder was so i thought I should remove it. After uninstalling it, I had this feeling that I should check to see if the .mpeg & .mpg files work.

YES! I couldn't believe that I was playing .mpeg and .mpg files again one after the other.

I also installed CCCP Insurgent (from this link: http://www.cccp-project.net/) which is a software that lists all video codecs and audio codecs and filters that are installed on a computer which was very useful because it helped me to find out that I had a lot more decoders that do not show up in DecCheck.

Anyway, Thanks for all the help. I really appreciate it.