Thread: pause between songs during playback on WMP11

pause between songs during playback on WMP11

I have some CD collection that dont have any kind of gaps, skips or breaks that occurs between songs and all of them continuously one after the other. I dont want to transfer this collection to my computer and also other mp3 players until such devices or support are made to handle this kind of song files. I have installed Windows Media Player 11 to play my CDs at my place and the songs are usually fumbling with some CDs. So can anyone tell me how do I get the proper playing of the songs or even if there are some devices to handle it properly? Thanks

Re: pause between songs during playback on WMP11

I think that this issue was fixed already in the previous version of Windows Media Player. You need to turn on the Cross fading enhancement and set it to zero "0" as it should be by default. After enabling it there was no gapless playback anymore. Incase, if you have installed FhG MP3 Professional Codec then that option can be broken, so if you have installed it in your pc, then better uninstall the codec first and see if that works.

Re: pause between songs during playback on WMP11

Thanks for the solution, it worked for me. But there was something strange about the toggle which was set to "Turn on Crossfacing" that I have read to mean it was currently off. So after clicking on it and then it started displaying "Turn off Crossfading" which seems to me that its now on and the slider is set to "0.0 seconds of overlap". Now the gap in the silence disappeared but I am not getting skip between the tracks and I am loosing the tiniest slice of music which is making me nuisance. I again rechecked that the slider was all the way to 0.0 that I was still getting the same skip music problem. After that I set it back to Turn on Crossfading again and everything is working properly. This is something weird but anyways thanks for the solution once again.

You can try out another player such as Winamp if you want gapless playback of music. Winamp is a fast, flexible, high-fidelity media player for Windows. Winamp supports playback of many audio such as MP3, OGG, AAC, WAV, MOD, XM, S3M, IT, MIDI, etc, and videos like AVI, ASF, MPEG, NSV. There are also custom appearances called skins supporting both classic 1.x/2.x Winamp skins and Winamp 3 freeform, audio visualization and audio plug-ins (including two industry dominating visualization plug-ins), an advanced media library, Internet radio and TV support, CD ripping, and CD burning.