Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Media Player
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows Media Player 11, No Sound while playing DVD.

Media Player

Old 17-10-2007

Windows Media Player 11, No Sound while playing DVD.

I am using Media Player from long time. I never tested a DVD on it. But somehow there is a problem with running DVD on Windows Media player. It is not working at all. I have purchased some set of DVD movie files and try to play them on Windows Media Player. But they are not working. I thought Windows Media Player will start on its own when I insert a DVD.

Old 06-11-2007

You just need to add the right codec. That's all. Due to missing codec you are getting this kind of errors. I had also faced the same situation. I do not understand why Microsoft is not making Media Player better. If they can add all kind of video support, then I am sure it will be used widely. You can find a codec pack from the web. You can download that and run the setup. After that only it is going to work well.
Old 03-10-2008

I had gone with same situation on Media Center. On it Windows Media Player was default. But due to improper codec support it did not worked at all. I installed AC3 filter and then some dvd/mpeg filter. The video started working, but there was some issue with the audio. The quality was extremely dull. There are set of codecs that you can find on the web and download them for free.
Old 19-12-2008

There are some plugins that you can find on the official website. I will recommend you to check that first. Those plugin allows you to run all type of audio/video formats. It is not at all complicated to find the right plugin for right audio/video file.
Old 28-04-2011

Re: Windows Media Player 11, No Sound while playing DVD.

I have a new Sony Laptop Windows 7/64 => wma 11. I got nearly crazy with no sound on WMA and PMB. I got sound when I restored to the earlier time I had sound. I got sound whenn I reinstalled the sound Drivers from SONY http://esupport.sony.com/. I lost sound when the updates from Microsoft and ....? went over night (Virus ???). The newest, I learnt that (when wma is open) Ctrl + P brought Sound ON. (and again OFF) I'm confused. Please Help me to find the truth about this mistery misery!
Old 28-04-2011

Re: Windows Media Player 11, No Sound while playing DVD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxrichard View Post
I have a new Sony Laptop Windows 7/64 => wma 11
I got nearly crazy with no sound on WMA and PMB
I got sound when I restored to the earlier time I had sound
I got sound whenn I reinstalled the sound Drivers from SONY http://esupport.sony.com/
I lost sound when the updates from Microsoft and ....? went over night (Virus ???)
The newest, I learnt that (when wma is open) Ctrl + P brought Sound ON
(and again OFF) I'm confused. Please Help me to find the truth about this mistery misery!
I also had the same problem, whenever i pulled it out from hibernation the sound was missing so i UPGRADED my software database. Go to start >all programs > VAIO update 3 > go to VAIO web support. Just select all of the manual updates including BIOS and the last two about the sound & multimedia. Now, goto "C:\update\" thats where those downloads are, manually install 'em. (Preferably do the BIOS at the last). Restart your computer (if BIOS update isn't already doing it).

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Media Player
Tags: , , , , ,