Thread: Video but no audio with windows media player 12

Video but no audio with windows media player 12

I am really stuck with this particular problem and I need some immediate solution for this as soon as possible. I have downloaded 5 dvd movies in my system and the thing is that there is no audio while playing it in the windows media player 12. It is not the case with the WMP 12 but also with the vlc and the media player classic? I am really very frustrated with this problem and I need some immediate solution for this issue.

Re: Video but no audio with windows media player 12

Seems to be some problem with the codecs itself and I think that you should try updating your codecs as soon as possible and I think that it will be the perfect solution for your problem. Download K-Lite Codec Pack that contains everything you need to play the files with audio and video formats like -Divx Pro, Xvid, Windows Media, AC3, Divx anti-freeze, 3ivX, Cyberlink DVD decoder, MPEG-2 decoder, etc.

I think that the audio codecs might be missing so that’s why it is giving such problem, if it was the case with the windows media player only then I could have given you the suggestion of uninstalling and reinstalling it again to the system but that’s not the case here. See I think you have the proper video codec but the only problem is with the audio codec. Download something like Opus Codec which is a totally open, royalty-free, highly versatile audio codec.

Ok, i will definitely try that suggestion and let you know about same. I will soon download the audio codec and get it installed to my system. Thanks for the replies and incase if you have any other advice for me then please let me know about it as well.

It would be better if you can check that movies in the other system first and then go with the installation of the audio codecs. See if it is giving you the same problem in the other system also then the problem is with the dvd movies that you have downloaded and not the audio codecs.