Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Media Player
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows Media Player UPnP Client

Media Player

Old 16-10-2007

Windows Media Player UPnP Client

I have D-Link 323 UPnP server and i want to know if it is possible to setup my Media Player 11 as a client to it??? I have asked about this to couple of office mates and have got varying response and i am quite confused. So i am raising the same question here, hope someone over here will clear out my confusion.

Old 17-10-2007

Re: Windows Media Player UPnP Client

As far as i am aware you wont be able to do that, Windows Media Player acts as a server to D-Link and not client, hope that ends your confusion.
Old 07-03-2009

Quote:
I have D-Link 323 UPnP server and i want to know if it is possible to setup my Media Player 11 as a client to it??? I have asked about this to couple of office mates and have got varying response and i am quite confused. So i am raising the same question here, hope someone over here will clear out my confusion.
I'm trying to figure this out too. According to wikipedia, Media player 11 can be a UPNP client when used on Windows Vista.

I happen to be running XP. The Wikipedia article seems to imply it won't work under XP. :-(

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Media Player
Tags: ,