Thread: Windows Media Player freezes whie playing shared media files

Windows Media Player freezes whie playing shared media files

I am trying to configure my Xbox on Windows network. I have a computer which has Windows Media Player 11. When I try to share the media the system freezes and nothing happens. Sometime it freezes for long time. Somehow it worked and the media was shared, but there was nothing detected by Xbox 360.

Try using some different audio player. A media server type of tool. It will help you to share media in more better way. There are some third party media server software which are capable of giving you all options to share files. This is one of the easiest way. It looks the settings are not taking effect in Media Player 11. Did you checked the same with a older edition.

Go to your control panel and into administrative tools double click services. Scroll down to windows media player network sharing service and make sure it is started. If it is not double click it and start it. Try it, hope it works because it worked for me. I disabled it for something and couldn't get media sharing to work and then i remembered so i started it again and it works perfect.

It can be due to Network Sharing Service. It fails to start. I will advice you to check properly the services in Control Panel > Administrative Tools. You must enable media sharing again and if that does not work then there are chances that due to broken system component you are getting the problem. Try to share the file on public network and then check back.

re: Windows Media Player freezes whie playing shared media files

After many days of research this is what solved my problem. The solution to my system's error 1068 was starting the Windows UPnP services. I found the answer at the following PS3 forum: Start / Run... type: services.msc then OK. Check these 3 services (it's A MUST if you want to detect your device - PS3). SSDP Discovery Service <<<<< Start this one first Make and make it Automatic (right click properties).already enabled, switched to automatic. Universal Plug and Play Device Host << then this one same as one above already enabled, switched to automatic. Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service <<< then this one... will not stay started, it starts and then it says it had to stop. switched to automatic. if you get any errors like 1068 -79.. etc simple google errors and you will find easy solution. i got error 1068 that means you need to have SSDP Discovery Service running before starting Universal Plug and Play Device Host after that use that simple 5/6 step procedure and R'n'R thats it!!!
    ps. I have no idea why this services ware DISABLED on my PC.

I did all of the above and when it came up with the error saying that it had to stop i was like are you kidding me..lol I still did not get windows media connect to work. But i did get windows media player to detect Xbox360. so now i am streaming music and videos. But what i dont understand is how did i get connected without using windows media connect. Note: windows media connect is still on my computer.

try using vuze i have been use ing it for a wuile for xbox 360 and a ps3 and it works the only problem is u have to transcode everything u watch specificly for ur ps3 or xbox 360