Thread: Windows Media Player 11 media sharing with Ps3 and Xbox 360

Windows Media Player 11 media sharing with Ps3 and Xbox 360

Using Windows Vista, Windows Media Player 11, Playstation 3 and Xbox 360. I want to enable Media Sharing on my PC but facing some problems. Once I configured all settings and enabled media sharing, my PS3 can see “folders/my pc” but when I click to open the folder, it says “A network error has occurred.” I checked network settings, all seems to be fine. Later I searched and found steps to fix it but that too dint worked for me.

Now getting to Xbox 360, it can see my PC and folders are accessible, but Xbox itself now wont connect to Xbox Live any more. I did the same thing, searched web and found a solution that worked. My Xbox can not connect to Xbox Live but is now not able to see my PC. Damn.

I tried getting some help from Xbox customer support but they were not able to fix the problem. Do anyone here have good knowledge about media Sharing and troubleshooting? Please help me too. Many Thanks.

Re: Windows Media Player 11 media sharing with Ps3 and Xbox 360

Have you installed any third party firewall on your system? if yes, that could be the problem. Especially if it is Norton Firewall. Also can you tell me what is routing your internal network traffic? Router?

Re: Windows Media Player 11 media sharing with Ps3 and Xbox 360

Thank you for the reply Amit. As far as router is concerned, it is Netopia router and there are no external firewalls. Am just using the windows firewall.

What now? Please help.

Too many media files

The problem is that you have too many media files. I have the same issue. Take only a small subset of your files and try. It should work.

This bug sucks, someone please fix it.

You can use TVersity and that doesn't have the problem. It's some bug with the way WMP communicates with the PS3. Probably that it tries to send all the info at once, but the PS3 won't wait long enough.