Thread: Windows Media Player 11 displays green screen during video

Windows Media Player 11 displays green screen during video

I have got many saved videos in my computer and not all but some of them when I open up in Windows Media Player 11 then the screen goes totally solid green. Although the audio seems to be playing fine but the video is not at all visible due to the green screen. Also, sometimes some errors from microsoft pops up on every other attempts when opening a file and I have already send those error to microsoft. Can anyone tell me how to fix this green screen error? Thanks.

Re: Windows Media Player 11 displays green screen during video

Even I was getting simialr kind of problem when playing videos on my computer. So all I did was, I just did a system restart and then it solved the green screen issue for me. I hope that it works for you as well, if you are lucky enough.

I have already tried to restart my computer plenty of times but it doesnt seems to be working. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers a couple of time but still no go. I am also getting error if I am opening any videos from different websites like Fox News or Cnn or other. I am not also able to open all those videos and internet explorer will crash if I attempt to open a video on those all websites.

Even I am experiencing same problem when I am opening any videos in Windows Media Player. But when I am trying to open any video in VLC media player then it will just play fine. All I am getting is like a green mesh overlay on the video. Is there any proper solution for this issue. Thanks for any replies.

Yeah, you are right, the same green mesh overlay is what I am seeing. So, I tried downloading VLC Media Player and tried opening a video file and even that generated some kind of error report that I have also sent to microsoft. After that VLC crashed and then no green screen the next time and then it didnt get anywhere. Thanks for the suggestions.

I have also having the same problem but now have solved it. All you need to do is, just open the Windows Media player and then click the arrow under "Now playing" to get the different options and then click on more options. After that check under the Performance Tab to decrease the Video Acceleration slider. Just click on apply and then click OK. This have solved my problem now.

Your suggestions did work for me, thank you so much for the solution. After moving the slider to the middle, all videos are playing properly without the green screen. I never thought that it will be that easy. Thanks once again.

hey guys need a quick hand with the same issue. but i have windows media player 12 and there is no video accelerator slider in the performance tab. any other suggestions??

Possibly it seems like Codec Problem. Do yo have Codec installed on your system ? If yes, which one ? I was also facing this problem with WMP 11 on Windows 7, but when i install K-Lite Codec, the green display got fixed and now its working great. You should give a try. YOu can download the same from here.

Hi,

I solved this problem with a very simple solution without the need to alter hardware acceleration or update drivers. Thought I'd post this solution as it has not been put forward on any of the forums I've visited.

I had, the day before altered the settings for the Intel Integrated Graphics display. Basically I was poking around the program supplied by Intel for the graphics display. I altered a few settings. Thought nothing of it. The next day, when i started a video in Win Media Player (the latest version in 2013), the screen was almost entirely green with just a small part of the video playing in the upper left corner.

Initially I cold not work out what was causing this - especially as it worked fine in GOM media Player. Looked on the net. Tried new codecs etc. No solution. And my hardware Acceleration could not be altered as the button was greyed out.

Then i remembered that I had altered the Intel program settings. Returning these settings to the default settings fixed the issue immediately.

I hope this helps others with this problem.

Cheers

Owlinflight