Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Xbox 360 won't see my PC, but my PC can see my Xbox 360

My Xbox 360 won't see my PC, but my PC can see my Xbox 360

I cannot connect my Xbox to my pc. I want to create a shared network for both. The xbox is connected on the home network. I am having a separate laptop also with me. Now the laptop can see my pc and xbox. The desktop pc can also find the xbox and laptop. But in Xbox there is nothing detected. I want to stream media on the Xbox and failed to share the files. I am not doing anything wrong here, but still it looks a bit complicated to configure the same. I had installed Windows Media Player 11 on my system and enabled Media Sharing. I had done with port forwarding also, but still it looks complicated to share files on Xbox. The firewall allows the router.

Does there were some recent updates. You must check that carefully. Because there can be some changes which are causing this issue. Also try to create a public network first on your system. A public system does not has any kind of restrictions. Then see whether you can find the PC in Xbox or not. There are some third party tools which are capable of creating a media server. Just for testing purpose, disable the firewall and try back again.

Re: My Xbox 360 won't see my PC, but my PC can see my Xbox 360

I am using Windows XP Pro. There is Comodo Firewall installed in it. It is the best firewall and easy to configure compared to the one in Windows. Now Xbox 360 after configuration on the network can find Windows Media Player. When I activate the firewall the Xbox does not find anything. I checked in the logs and found that some svchost.exe is causing the failure. I cannot find any associated program or applicable with the .exe process. I allowed the application under Firewall list and the Xbox started working. So this is some kind of firewall problem where it does not allow the Xbox to access PC files.

I am having a PS3 and I will definitely try this. In my system I found that media sharing disables on its own. I through re-installing Windows will fix the issue and it will start working again. I am using a LinkSys router in my system. I had unblocked Windows media Connect and Network Sharing service. They are using a port. So the issue is that sometime the console files the shared media and sometime not.

My Xbox was damaged and I got it replaced recently. I am using Windows Vista system. Before replacement I had configured media sharing on it. It is the same old computer with common settings. Now the new Xbox somehow looses connection on its own. I do not think Vista has any other settings for media sharing is available other than Network & Sharing Center. The Media Sharing was enabled. In that there were two devices listed. I had matched the serial key with the one listed in Media Sharing and removed the other one. Then it started working.

Go on Microsoft website and look for some KB article. I am sure there is some kind of misconfiguration with the setup and due to which you are facing that problem. Second thing update your Xbox. Install online patches and dashboard updates. That is really very important. Also when you are trying to stream any media, ensure that the format it has must be supported by Xbox. Any unsupported format will remain undetected.

I am using Wireshark on my network. It is a kind of sharing and monitoring tool for LAN. Windows Media Player identifies the upnp devices on the basis of ip address. So if there are more than one network adapter or wifi adapter then this might be causing your Xbox to remain undetected. You must associate the console first with access point and then try to reconfigure it back. Also check that upnp is enabled by default.

It looks Xbox is having some kind of problem with Vista. It works with my XP laptop but in Vista it is pain to configure it properly. My Vista computer does not identify the Xbox after all settings. While the old laptop does not has any kind of issue. I make all the changes in Network and Sharing center, but still there is some problem. It looks like the console is not compatible with Vista.

thank you guys so much I've spent a lot of effort on figuring this out and restarting the Upnp in the services window worked!

I have found solution to this issue. I have tried for ever to find what the issue is. In my windows 7 machine "Media Center Extender Service" (service name Mcx2Svc) was disabled. I have enabled the service and set startup type to automatic and my xbox found windows 7 machine and every thing started working fine. I hope this will help solving your issue. Only god knows why media center extender service is disabled.

I had wasted a bit long time is fixing the Xbox connection. But some how it is not working at all. The network settings look to be proper. The xbox does not find any shared media on the lan. I am having more than 1000 videos that I want to stream directly on the console. I cannot find a proper way to add them all. I added them to a shared library, but that too looks to be useless. The library might be corrupted but how can I make it proper.
    Last edited by humanature; 26-10-2010 at 10:36 AM.

I LOVE YOU!!
    Thank you, now we just have to be able to play something becouse my xbox can't read my files. But that shouldn't be a problem. You made me a happy girl ;)

hi everyone, ive just managed to get my xbox to recognise my pc but now when i go to the videos it says 'no videos found'. the videos are in the correct older on my pc and are in the correc format.

not too sure whats wrong?

Did you installed any Antivirus program into the system of yours. If so then do let me know which Antivirus you are running. This kind of problem seen when the Antivirus program does not allow the connection. I will advise you to disable the Antivirus program from your computer and if possible then Firewall Program also and then check whether this is working for you or not.

Thank you! Thank you! After working 2 days getting connected, this was the key getting me going. Thanks for sharing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast