Thread: Media player is jerky playing video and music files and I am new to Vista

Media player is jerky playing video and music files and I am new to Vista

I have got an AMD Athlon dual core cpu with 1gb ram and also nvidia graphic card. I have build this hardware on my Asus motherboard that also has onboard sound and video. Now the problem is that, whenever I try to play any rented DVD then all of those file play very jerky for example it keeps pausing and starting in the Windows Media Player and also Media Center. I have also got Nero show and in it the DVD play smoothly. Is there any settings that I need to change in the Windows Media Player to get rid of the jerky playback? Thanks.

RE: Media player is jerky playing video and music files I'mNew to Vist

Since you have told that you are using a Nvidia graphics card then you will need to download and install the latest video drivers from their official website that are compatible with Windows Vista. But remember to first uninstall all the previous old drivers from your computer and only after that install the latest ones from here - http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Re: Media player is jerky playing video and music files I'mNew to Vist

Thanks for the advice. I followed your suggestions and have improved things for playing DVDs in my computer, however, they are running still slow but I am not facing the jerky behaviour like before. The other problem that I am facing is that the music is still playing very jerky. So, is there any solution for this music problem. Thank you once again.

Can you try to update your sound card drivers and see if that helps. To update the sound card driver, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click System.
    2. Click the Hardware tab, and then click Device Manager.
    3. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
    4. Click Sound, video, and game controllers to expand.
    5. Under Sound, video, and game controllers, double-click the entry for your sound card, and then click the Driver tab.
    6. Click Update Driver Software.
    7. Follow the Update Driver Software Wizard to update the sound card driver.