Thread: Error C00D11B1 Fix??????

I am running Windows Vista and windows media player 11 continuously gives me an error message if I am trying to play avi files or mpg files. Also some of the .dream files of animated wallpapers will not play but prior they were working. I have already installed all the necessary codecs to play this files but nothing is working. This all problem started happening after installing VLC player and even after uninstalling it I am still having the same problem. Can anyone please help?

Re: Error C00D11B1 Fix??????

Which codec packs did you install anyways, because there are some codec packs which are very troublesome and conflict with the operating system files. I dont think that you need something extra to play the MPg files because all you need is a specific avi codec which is normally required to play the video files.

You can try to use Device Manager to check the status of your sound device:
    1. Click Start, right-click Computer, and then click Manage.
    2. In the left pane, click Device Manager.
    3. In the right pane, expand Sound, video and game controllers, and then look for the name of your sound device.
    4. Do one of the following:
      1. If your sound device is listed but the icon includes a red "X," the device has been disabled. To enable the device, right-click the icon, and then click Enable.
      2. If your sound device isn't listed, in the right pane, expand Other devices. If Multimedia Audio Controller appears in the list, right-click the icon, and then click Update Driver Software. Follow the on-screen instructions to find and install the driver software.
      3. If you aren't able to find and install the correct driver software, go to your computer manufacturer's or sound device manufacturer's website for further assistance.

More solution here - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/C00D11B1

Try to register the DLL files and see if that helps:

1. First of all click the Start button, type CMD in the Start Search box.
    2. After that simply right click on CMD and choose Run as administrator.
    3. Now you have to type the following commands and press Enter at the end of each line:
      Regsvr32 MSMPEG2ADEC.dll
      Regsvr32 MSMPEG2VDEC.dll

You can try to resolve this issue, you must check the functionality of Windows Media DRM and Zune DRM. If Windows Media DRM and Zune DRM do not function, use the ResetDRM tool to reset DRM systems. To do this, follow these steps given on this link - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976590