Thread: WMP 11 media sharing media device cannot see my computer

WMP 11 media sharing media device cannot see my computer

I have Windows XP with service pack 2 installed on my sony vaio laptop and I have also disabled the Norton 360 but am still facing issues with KODAK EASYSHARE EX1011. I have solved the issues with uPnP Http ssl and SSDP which lets WMP media sharing dialog box to see the kodak frame on the network, but the computer could not be seen on the kodak frame? I have already restarted my computer many times and noticed that the kodak frame will show in my computer for few minutes but after when a service or a program starts then the kodak will loose contact with the computer. There is nothing given in the event viewer as well to track the problem. Can anyone please help with this problem. Thanks.

Re: WMP 11 media sharing media device cannot see my computer

Did you make sure that any kind of firewall or other security software installed in your computer is closing the ports that the kodak hardware or its software is trying to communicate with the pc? It seems much of a hardware problem rather than the software problem to me, so check the hardware first to find out whether it is not the culprit or so.

Re: WMP 11 media sharing media device cannot see my computer

I have already mentioned in my previous post that all the firewalls that I am using is shut off and I dont know if there is some unknown firewall that Windows XP might be using then it should not be a problem. The problem only happens when after the complete Windows XP bootup, then the kodak frame just seems to loose its connection. Thanks for the reply.

There is a microsoft page that lets you upgrade the security components of your digital media player so you can play protected files on your computer. To upgrade your security components, click Upgrade on this page - http://drmlicense.one.microsoft.com/...en/indivit.asp . When you click Upgrade, your computer will connect to a Microsoft-operated Internet site and send information about your digital media player, including a unique hardware identifier. After that you will also have to restart the "Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service" until the kodak frame will be recognized in the computer. For same just go to, control panel > administrative tools> services> Windows Media Player and after that wait for 1 minutes or so after you restart the service and then the kodak frame will show up in the computer.