Thread: can't see video from web the screen is green why?

can't see video from web the screen is green why?

This is windows XP with Windows Media Player 11. I use Internet Explorer 7 as my default web browser. I was earlier able to stream videos live on web without downloading them on PC, and they were working fine. But since last few days whenever I’m trying to play any video on same site with the same browser, I only heard the video sound but no picture come up on the screen. Screen remains Green colored.

I thought re-installing windows media player will fix the problem but that went useless. Still the same problem occurs. Any help please?

Re: can't see video from web the screen is green why?

I don’t think you were really required to re-install WMP because the problem would be either with codec or your video card. You should just try updating Video Card drivers first, from their manufacturer website. Also which codec have you installed on your PC for WMP?

No, there's nothing wrong with my video card and i am quite sure about it. I have downloaded same videos from the web and i can play them on my system through windows media player. Its just that they are not getting played on web, i mean media player is not able top play them properly on web.

I think there is something wrong with media player, may be there's some setting that i need to change but i am not able to make out exactly what.

RE: can't see video from web the screen is green why?

Here is the working solution for all users facing green screen with audio and no picture on Windows Media Player. Just open Windows Media Player, go to Library - choose More Options - open the Performance tab - find Video Acceleration - slide Video Acceleration bar all the way to the left, to No video acceleration. Now for better results, restart the system once and try playing the video again. See if you still get the problem. In my case, it really helped.

"Open Windows Media Player - go to Library - choose More Options - open the
    Performance tab - find Video Acceleration - slide Video Acceleration bar all
    the way to the left, to No video acceleration."

I have had this green-screen problem for years and this fixed it right away. I am elated!