Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Media Player
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Getting wmv files to play from internet explorer as pop up

Media Player

Old 07-05-2007

Getting wmv files to play from internet explorer as pop up

I have a desktop and a laptop both running with almost same configuration and softwares like XP, WMP11 and IE7. Now when I use my laptop and visit a site where there are many media files in .wav format, whenever I click any video on the page, it plays that video in pop up media player right on the page.

But when I visit the same site on my desktop and click the same video it starts downloading the same instead of playing it in pop up like on laptop. So obviously there is no problem on the website but it is on my desktop settings. Iím not able to figure out the same.

Can you guys please help me for the same? Many thanks.

Old 07-05-2007

Re: Getting wmv files to play from internet explorer as pop up

The only settings that comes to my mind is you might not have selected all file formats to play with WMP on your desktop. Hence it is not able to catch the video format on web and starts downloading instead of playing. So Open Windows Media Player > Tools -> Options -> File Types. Here just check mark all the files types and press OK. Thatís it. Now see if you are still getting the same problem. You can also open WMP settings on laptop and see which one is missing on the desktop.
Old 13-05-2007

Re: Getting wmv files to play from internet explorer as pop up

Hey troy, thanks a lot buddy. That was the only which was missing on my desktop. I checked mark all file formats and I can play it in pop player on my desktop as well. Appreciated.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Media Player
Tags: ,