Thread: Can't play .mpg

Can't play .mpg

I am running this system since long time and haven’t made any changes in last two months. Until yesterday I was able to play any media file directly from Internet explorer. But today when I click any .mpg URL in IE browser, instead of playing the file, it creates the following error message:

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
    You are not connected to the Internet.
    The website is encountering problems.
    There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:
    Diagnose Connection Problems
    I don’t know what could be the problem but I just suspect the plug-in issue with WMP and IE. Hope you guys have information about this. Somebody please help me.

Re: Can't play .mpg

I am using Windows Media Player 10. In order to help you out I checked the settings and found that there is box for “mpeg” that needs to be checked for playing this format in WMP. You can find this setting under Tools -> Options -> File Types.

If you are using the same version or any other version of WMP, see if you have the same settings. If yes, check mark the box, restart windows media player and see if you are able to play the files.

Re: Can't play .mpg

Thanks a lot for your help buddy. I checked that settings, the box for mpeg is already marked. As I said in my above post, there were no problem playing such files earlier and I haven’t made any changes recently. The problem started today morning all of a sudden. Any other solution?