Thread: How do I adjust the norton firewall 2007 to allow sharing to my xbox 360

How do I adjust the norton firewall 2007 to allow sharing to my xbox 360

I have Windows XP running with Windows Media Player. This is system is also protected with Norton Firewall. Now as I have Xbox 360 as well, I have enabled Media Sharing from WMP and done all settings. I can see the Xbox on my PC but Xbox cannot see any computer connected.

Note, the problem I figured out is the Norton Firewall. When I turn off the firewall, I can see my computer on Xbox and also stream music, videos, etc but I haven’t configured firewall to keep it Off, right? As soon as I Turn it on, xbox says there is no PC connected.

So can you guys please tell me how can I allow media sharing through Norton Firewall? Thanks in advance.

I have always been against of all Symantec products because of my bad experience with it for years. So the best solution I can provide you is just go to Add and Remove programs and uninstall it. When you have the built-in Windows Firewall then why you need any other one? If you don’t trust Windows Firewall and want to go with third party, then better get McAfee. Its better than Norton according to me.

For more help on WMP Media Sharing and firewall settings, just check this Microsoft KB.

re: How do I adjust the norton firewall 2007 to allow sharing to my xbox 360

i just had the EXACT same problem as you. i disable norton firewall, then enabled windows firewall, then allowed windows media sharing and player through windows firewall, then re-enabled norton firewall and disabled windows firewall. i don't know why this worked but it did and i've done it twice with different pc's. i also enabled file sharing deblock in manage norton firewall but i don't think that was necessary. i never had these problems with mcafee but i have comcast internet and they switched antivirus providers that's free with subscription. i hope this will help.