Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Media Player
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

dvd decoder missing

Media Player

Old 08-04-2007

dvd decoder missing

I am on a Windows XP computer and I was able to play dvd before but now it is giving me some sort of error while playing dvds on my computer that the dvd decoder is missing? How do I restore it back or download it from the microsoft website for free? Thanks for any help in advance

Old 09-04-2007

Re: dvd decoder missing

I dont think that there is any DVD decoder software that comes with Windows XP or Windows Media Player. Did you recently uninstall some other player or software from your pc? I have got an Asus DVD that has the required decoder that came with the graphics card and I have installed the same on my computer and if I uninstall it then WMP will not decode the DVDs at all.
Old 10-04-2007

I think that you had a DVD decoder software installed on your computer previously which might be either corrupted or uninstalled from your system. Incase if you dont know about same then it could be possible that it must have come along with your system installation disk, so search for it on the same disk and install it again on your pc.
Old 25-06-2007

Re: dvd decoder missing

Additionally, you can also download DVD Decoder Pack, by searching it on the net, and install the same on your pc. It has simply a set of codecs for Windows 2000, Windows XP or Windows Vista to play a DVD from Windows Media Player. Its built-in player supports MPEG-2, allows to navigate through a DVD, guarantees better video quality and display speed maximum lossless image.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Media Player
Tags: ,