Thread: WMP11 won't rip some discs

WMP11 won't rip some discs

If I am trying to rip any CDs then I am getting an error code C00D10D2 and further the message says that "Windows Media Player cannot rip one or more tracks from the CD". The error is unknown when I click on the web page button and the error connection setting for the CD drive is also off. I have also got some kind of an error that says something is wrong with the sound card and also the drivers. Can anyone please help me out for this issue? Thanks

RE: WMP11 won't rip some discs

Even I am facing similar kind of issue on my computer and it is very annoying and there is no one who has got a proper reply for this same error. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Windows Media Player 11 again and again but that doesnt seeems to work. Also upgraded the sound drivers but to no effect. Any ideas?

RE: WMP11 won't rip some discs

If you want to fix the problem, make a copy of the file and then use a non-Microsoft ID3 tag editing program to remove or reset the file's ID3 headers. After you remove the ID3 headers, Windows Media Player should be able to play the MP3 file. Attempting to remove ID3 headers might damage the file and make it unplayable. Therefore, always make a copy of the file before you edit it. If this solution does not resolve the problem, the file might be corrupted. You can also check for some more suggestions given here - http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...nalid=80070057

Re: WMP11 won't rip some discs

If you are on Windows Vista then microsoft has released a cumulative update for same. This update resolves some reliability issues in Windows Media Player 11 in Windows Vista. You can achieve better reliability in various scenarios by installing this update. You can download the update from this link - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...8-FA25E4FAFF81

I was also having same problem on my Vista service pack 1 operating system. But after when I uninstalled the Service Pack 1 from my system then I was able to rip any kind of CD I wanted to without any problems. And what I did to remove the SP1 was to restore the computer to some previous time and that did the trick.