Thread: MTS video clip files

I have some .MTS video clip from Panasonic HDC SD1 camera and i want to know if i can play those files in windows media player 11. I have asked about this to my friend and some said that those will get played where as some said it wont. Can anyone confirm me it for me???

Why haven't you tried it playing your self?? I mean you have the video, you have windows media player than what's the deal in playing them and checking out whether they are getting played or not.
    In case you get any error or any problem while playing them than let me know about it for further help. If you don't get any error and you see a blank screen than you can try changing .mts to mpg and try playing them after that.

I hear Google's Picasa plays MTS files.
    Would you need a proper Hdcp video card to play those files I wonder?
    Just have a try with the powerful mts file converter, convert mts can be done perfectly!

VLC play well MTS files, but it must be VLC version 1.0.5, the last one available today for free on many places on internet. Also I must have 2G of ram on my PC.

VLC (videolan) is and always has been free software as in beer (as
    well as-in open source free)

The best place to get a tamper-free version of VLC is their own
    website http://www.videolan.org/vlc/ not some random file site out on
    the interwebs

Last year i had recorder some videos using my sony camcorder and they are in AVCHD clips. Currently when i play them in windows media player 11 than video appears fine but audio starts to distort after some time. I have installed K-Lite codec pack 604 full and i have installed the latest AC3 filter as well but i don't see any improvement. My friends have suggested me to convert it to windows media player compatible format, so i want to know which player will be my best option???

You can try using Xilisoft Video Convertor Ultimate 6, i have used it for converting different types of file in to .avi format. If you want than you can check out AVCHD MTS/M2TS Converter from Aunsoft Studio as well. I haven't used that but i have gone through its user review, many people have appreciated it saying that it is lexible MTS converter with excellent output quality for windows media player. So check out these 2 converters and download and install the one you find better.

Re: MTS video clip files

I suggest you convert the MTS files for editing and playing purposes as working with raw MTS files is too slow. I'm using Pavtube MTS Converter to convert the HD mts video taken from Sony Handycam. The speed and quality was fine for my purposes. The software was very easy to use and I had no issues with converting my files. you can try it. It has windows and mac version.

I have a Canon HD camcorder which give mts videos. All my videos are on my hard drive. I just upgraded from Windows Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Professional. I can play the videos on Windows Media Player, but I am not getting any audio. I've looked around on the net, but I can't seem to find any helpful information regarding this issue. Just held a tried state to use the mts converter - aunsoft final mate, and make a conversion to wmv, finally it plays perfectly.

That is because of codec issue. Windows media player does not have a codec support for mts. There are two ways to fix the same. First you can download and install Klite Kodec pack in your system. This pack has all types of listed codes needed to run any audio and video and second you can try using VLC media player for your system. This tool play almost anything.

Windows Media Player can’t import and play AVCHD MTS files. It is not a big deal. If you want to play them in WMP, just download a powerful MTS Codec software . For mac users, using the mac version.