Thread: reinstall wmp11

reinstall wmp11

There are many problems occurring with my Windows media Player on XP SP2. I don’t want to mention all those problems here again as they are already discussed on this forum many times. Yeah I found many while searching solution for my problem.

So now I decided to re-install my WMP hoping it may fix the problem like other programs do. So can you guys please tell me from where and how can I re-install WMP 11?

Many thanks.

Re: reinstall wmp11

You just need to download Windows Media Player 11 from here http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...s.aspx?id=8163 . Save the file on desktop. Once downloaded just run the installer. If it asks for overriding the existing installation, press yes. That’s it. You will be done.

RE: reinstall wmp11

I’m facing some problem too with Windows Media Player. Whenever I start it, it gives me the following error:

“wmplayer.exe - Bad Image

C:\Windows\system32\AVRT.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact you system administrator or the software vender for support.”

Do I need to re-installing entire media player or is there any workaround to get rid of this? Thank you.

The error mentioned above is no way related to Windows Media Player. Because as per the file mentioned in the error, AVRT.dll, it is related to “World of Warcraft” and not WMP. Are you playing WOW on your PC?

Meanwhile just rename that AVRT.dll to something else and see if the error exists.

Turn of User Access Controls in the Control Panel under Users.

Right click the file, under Properties change the owner of the file to yourself.
    Once the owner is set to yourself you will be able to change the permissions.