Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Media Player
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Error playing DVDs in WMP 11 (Digital Copyright Protection error)

Media Player

Old 12-03-2007

Error playing DVDs in WMP 11 (Digital Copyright Protection error)

I recently clean installed Windows XP on my computer and also updated the video drivers to the latest version, the graphics that I was having was Int 82830M graphics controller. I have also installed the updated versio of the DirectX and have installed some software called Gabest Universal opensource DVD decoder but if I try to play some dvd then I get some kind of an error message which says that "Windows Media Player cannot play this DVD because there is a problem with digital copy protection between your DVD drive, decoder and video card. Try installing an updated driver for your Video card."

Can anyone please help me out with this problem.

Old 12-03-2007

re: Error playing DVDs in WMP 11 (Digital Copyright Protection error)

Even I was facing the same problem and I have also tried reinstalling Windows Media Player 11 many times and have also updated graphic drivers but nothing seems to be working. After searching for the solutions I finally found out that WMP 11 doesnt like different software that plays dvd's and therefore I uninstalled all dvd playing software from my computer. Now, the WMP is working fine but it will freeze after 5 minutes of playing a video file. Even after restarting the computer this freezing problem is not going.
Old 13-03-2007

re: Error playing DVDs in WMP 11 (Digital Copyright Protection error)

Have you tried playing the DVDs before upgrading to the Windows Media Player 11 and was it working fine at that time?
Old 13-03-2007

RE: Error playing DVDs in WM11 (Digital Copyright Protection error

Yes, it was working alright before and I didnt have that problem.
Old 14-03-2007

RE: Error playing DVDs in WM11 (Digital Copyright Protection error

You can start the DVD Troubleshooter by using these steps (to help you become familiar with this feature):
  1. Click Start, and then click Help and Support.
  2. Under Pick a Help Topic, click Fixing a problem.
  3. In the left pane, click Games, sound, and video problems.
  4. In the right pane, click DVD Troubleshooter.

More information here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308012

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Media Player
Tags: ,