Thread: A problem downloading media usage rights

A problem downloading media usage rights

After installing Windows Media Player 11, my computer is having problem while playing Digitial Rights Media. I am subscribed to many websites but now when I go there then I get the error message that says "You do not have the rights to play this file. Go to the content provider's Web site to find out how to obtain the necessary play rights". But after going to obtain the rights I again get some error "There is a problem downloading media usage rights". When I asked my provider then they say that it is some sort of issues with Microsoft Software. I have already tried to uninstall and reinstallin Windows Media Player as well as Internet Explorer browser but that didnt help me out. I am also getting some error which says "Internet Explorer Script Error Line 17 character 5". Is there any fix to this problem.

The error that you are getting could be because the Windows Media DRM system maintains information based on the hardware configuration of the computer. If certain components are changed, Windows Media DRM may not work because it may view the change as an unauthorized attempt to move protected content to another computer. To resolve this issue follow the steps given on this microsoft article - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/891664/en-us

Re: A problem downloading media usage rights

Even I am facing similar problem so can anyone tell me how to obtain the media usage rights? I had followed the steps given but that is not working for me. Is there any other solution for this type of problem. Thanks for any information.

Re: A problem downloading media usage rights

If you want to get media usage rights or the DRM playback rights then you will have to get rights that will negotiate between the content provider and the media player. Therefore, you will have to contact the content provider because those are the public who supply rights for the playback and you might have to play for the same services.