Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Media Player
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Installing Windows Media Player 11 - Validation Problem

Media Player

Old 07-03-2007

Installing Windows Media Player 11 - Validation Problem

We have few Windows XP based PCs in our system running with Windows Media Player 11 which got update automatically from v10. Since then whenever I try playing any audio or video, I get a box saying ?Validate your copy of Windows? with Validate and Cancel button. Surprisingly both of these buttons are unclickable.

I found this happening on few more systems in office, don?t know how and from where it came. I though uninstalling Windows Media Player 11 will fix the problem but when I try doing that I get the same validation box on my screen. I did go to the Microsoft website and re-validated Windows. No problem there.

Do you guys have any idea what is the problem on my system?

Old 27-06-2007

RE: Installing Windows Media Player 11 - Validation Problem

Hey guys, me too struggling with the same thing. But am not trying to reinstall or something. Don?t know how Windows Media Player got updated to version 11 yesterday and since then I?m getting the validation screen. Somebody suggested me to run validation diagnostic to fix the problem. So far I have had ran it more than twenty times but still getting the same problem.
Old 27-06-2007

Re: Installing Windows Media Player 11 - Validation Problem

Hope you have the Genuine Windows Installed on your system. if yes, just download genuine Advantage tool from here http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/ and run it. Once the validation process gets completed, you will be able to move ahead.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Media Player
Tags: ,