Thread: Online streaming audio problem

Online streaming audio problem

I bought a new Dell XPS laptop a month ago. Until last week I was able to stream live commentary through Windows Media Player 11 without any problem. But when I tried doing the same today I saw WMP poping up as usual and timer running but there was no audio. It is Internet explorer browser running with Windows Vista.

To make sure speakers are not the problem I tried playing a MP3 track from my HDD and sound was coming out proper. Also on browser I can hear the click and other advertisement sounds but the Audio commentary was not working. To ensure the website itself is not the problem I tried streaming the audio on my desktop and surprisingly I can hear the sound on my desktop for the same commentary.

Any idea what could have gone wrong with my laptop in this one week. If it matters, let me tell you that I have installed few applications on this week such as pc-MyTV to Go and Avex DVD to ipod video. Are these application creating any problem? Please help.

RE: Online streaming audio problem

Hey even I’m facing the same problem. If I play (stream) any video online I can hear the sound but not the video and when I play any audio file online, I can’t even hear the video. Even my WMP pop ups like it is going to play the clips but it wont. I tried this on both Internet Explorer as well as Mozilla Firefox but yet the same problem. Somebody please help us.

RE: Online streaming audio problem

Well guys the problem is surely about the missing codec packs. Have you installed any codec on your systems? If yes, which one is it? If not then try installing both K-Lite and DivX codec packs one by one and see if it works. Also don’t forget to install anything you receive in Windows update related to WMP.

Re: Online streaming audio problem

Earlier I was having the same problem with my system as well. After lots of research finally I managed to fix the same. In my case, first I uninstalled AC3Filter so that it wont conflict with other codec files. Than I downloaded K-Lite Full Codec version 2.85 from Google and installed.

That’s it. There was no more problem in live streaming from websites in WMP 11. Give it a try. It should work.

Does someone have a solution then? I have the SAME exact problems. NO streaming audio will play back for me in IE or FF.

I have tried numerous suggestions from google searches but nothing has worked. I have reinstalled all browser plug-ins, even reinstalled my browser and Media player and NOTHING has worked. I can listen to the streaming audio on my other PC, however, my main PC does not work.

FIXED: REINSTALL WMP11

Download installer here:
    http://www.download3k.com/Windows-Me...6-enu.exe.html

You can try running the wmfdist11.exe first and then the wmp11.exe executable second. I just ran the overall setup and it worked fine for me.

You will need a VALID copy of Windowz XP.