Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Media Player
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

No audio while streaming video with Windows Media Player 11

Media Player

Old 08-02-2007

No audio while streaming video with Windows Media Player 11

I had faced issue with media streaming through Windows Media Player. I had upgraded from Windows Media Player 10 to 11. There were no errors while upgrading and thing went quiet fine. Now the media streaming option was enabled by default. I am having around 300 videos. They are in avi, mpg format. There is no need of any codec to play this files. I can stream media files but there is no sound at all. The same use to work before properly. I am turn off all the security settings while media streaming. I checked all the settings nothing is set to mute.

Old 09-02-2007

It is not easy to rollback the old edition instantly. The media streaming might require some kind of codec. You have to check that. Install some codec and then see. There are set of codec pack might be required for Media Player 11. You can also run Windows Update and find new codecs from it. Then try to reconfigure Windows Media Player sharing and see whether it works or not.
Old 26-02-2007

There were some reports available on the same issue. It is right that you need a proper code for the same. Go to Media Player settings and try to find that there is no mute option enabled. Also update the latest sound drivers and see whether you get the audio back or not.
Old 28-12-2007

thegov - THANK YOU!

thegov,

Thank you so much for your 'crazy' fix. I had had this problem for half a year, I think caused by downloading some other codec pack. I looked on and off for a solution to the problem, but yours worked and I genuinely appreciate the help.

Others suffering the same problem of Windows Media Player with no volume, give this a try!

Best Regards,
Old 10-10-2010

re: No audio while streaming video with Windows Media Player 11

how to active streaming in XIMAX mobile phone? i want to watch youtube in my mobile phone. Always said active streaming.. How?? Help me please!!

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Media Player
Tags: , ,