Thread: Device no longer recognized after upgrading to WMP11

Device no longer recognized after upgrading to WMP11

I need some help to troubleshoot issue after upgrade. I am using a laptop with Windows XP. I had upgraded to Windows Media Player 11. But after upgrade I found that everytime I am getting a new hardware found message on my screen. I cannot understand why this is appearing again and again. I get this error when I try to connect my phone also. It was installed before and I was able to directly put songs through Media Player. This time it simply failed to work.

There is a short guide that you can try out to deal with the issue. Go in Device Manager and install it one more time. At the time when Automatic Hardware installation wizard appear it ask you for to install it once for everytime when you plug in. So choose it install once only. I do not think the issue lies with Media Player upgrade. The drivers are missing or outdated.

PlaysForSure portable media players are not automatically upgraded to MTP when you install third-party media device applications

It can be issue with Media Player 11. The new upgrades has caused many issue in my system. I cannot see my library nor I can find any old playlist. I do not understand how it got disappeared. You can find more detail on issue you are getting in Event Viewer. Inside that there is a detailed description of error you are facing. You can then try to troubleshoot the same as needed.