Thread: sonic cineplayer

sonic cineplayer

I am a having a Windows XP computer running with Windows Media Player 11. I was trying to play DVDs but it said it cannot play it. Hence I purchased and downloaded sonic cine player but seems the same problem with this too. However it can play atleast the sound but not getting any picture on the screen.

Somebody please help. Let me know if I need some decoder or any codec for playing the same comfortably. Thank you.

Re: sonic cineplayer

When I was looking for the same, after many research finally I went with NVidia's DVD decoder. It seems to be working very good so far. You can download the trail version from here http://www.nvidia.com/object/dvd_dec...223-trial.html and see if it works fine. If yes, then just buy the full version by paying the licensing costs

Appreciate your help Zachary. As per your suggestions I download the trial of NVidia DVD decoder but that doesn’t seems to be working for me. Still am getting only sound and no picture on the screen.

Any other help please?

If you are getting sound and no picture still then I suspect that there is some another problem and not the decoder or codec. So you should try updating your dirct X. You can do it from here http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.mspx . Apart from this there might some driver issue as well. So just try out all video and audio derivers by going to device manager.