Thread: Ideas for Windows Media Player 12

Ideas for Windows Media Player 12

I am making this thread to request some new features in Windows Media Player 12. I hope someone from Microsoft can read this and add in the upcoming edition or provide us update for the existing one. Rightnow iTunes is the best media player. And compared to that there are some features that Windows Media Player doesn't has. The first change that Media Player needs is a much more easier UI. For new users Media Player is bit complicated to understand. Also a number of audio and video formats are not supported by Media Player. It must support everything. I am also looking a bit improvement in file organizing.

Those are quiet nice ideas by you. I too think Microsoft must improve Windows Media Player and make it a better tool for multimedia files. The one that I need is support for different codecs. It is a bit complicated to find third party codecs and use them in the system. There must be some internal multimedia convertor also. This must allow us to convert the songs and video to the format we need or some kind of audio/video manager that can convert the files and then put in storage media or music player. There are very few plugins provided for Media Player which make it more limited.

Is there any chance that we can find a plugin for WPF in Windows Media Player. I am using Windows Media Center and some DVD are unable to stream. That can be due to some lack of plugins inside it. I am looking for some help to get a more proper way of streaming media files through Windows Media Player.

I do not like the interface at all. It is very dull and also it takes to find something in it. Also there is no migration assistant provided which can help me to get my settings to newer version or other media players. I need something better for playlist and better visualization plugins.

I was always annoyed with the feature of missing subtitles in Windows Media Player. In Media Player Classic the same is available and it also allows you to modify it. But in Media Player it is not at all available nor there is any plugin that can help me to do this. Windows Media Player is also not capable of playing MKV files.

It is right that Windows Media Player is missing some of the most important features and update. The album art is surely one thing I would like to change. There must be some options available that can help us to change or modify the same. We can add the one of our choice. Embedding images in the song is one of most needed feature. Also there must be a different kind of interface while viewing different albums.