Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Media Player
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows Media Player 11 Exporting wmdb library to excel/access look at tags

Media Player

Old 30-10-2006

Windows Media Player 11 Exporting wmdb library to excel/access look at tags

I have installed iTunes and am trying to organize my music folder which is quite messed up. After that the installation I have 1 music folder with 2000 music files which is of 8 gb in size. Windows Media Player was able to find all the music files and also got back their tags. Now I want to export the library file to excel file and for that I created a batch file to move the music files into a new folder under the Album that is found in the MP3 tag information. I used Media Info Exporter which is not exporting at all. Then I used Media Library Exporter that normally works till half of the process and then gives .net error and hangs. Now I am looking for a method to export the library file located %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Media
Player\CurrentDatabase_346.wmdb in either excel or access. So can anyone tell me how to achieve the same? Thanks

Old 30-10-2006

Re: Windows Media Player 11 Exporting wmdb library to excel/access look at tags

Can you try to turn on the Windows Media Player's rename and re-arrange settings in the library options and check if it is doing all of its own automatically for you in the background? This thing is actually hardcoded as:

Rip Music folder
Album Artist 1
Album1
Album2
Album Artist 2
Old 30-10-2006

Re: Windows Media Player 11 Exporting wmdb library to excel/access look at tags

I will try what ever you have said but it might have been also nice if you could have told me a method to extract the WMDB file. Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 02-11-2006

When you move media files from one location to another, the file name and path information remain unchanged in the Windows Media Player library. When you select a file to play from the new location, a new entry is created in the Windows Media Player library. As a result of this, the Windows Media Player library may quickly contain a large number of invalid entries. You can delete the invalid links individually from the library and then create a New Library by following the steps given here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/272116

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Media Player
Tags: ,