Thread: WMP 11 and WMPNSCFG.exe

WMP 11 and WMPNSCFG.exe

I cannot stop WMPNSCFG.exe from the process list. I had disabled a set of services from automatic start. I cannot find the program running anywhere. Before I was using Windows Media Player and use to share files through it. Rightnow I am not sharing anything and still I can find the issue with running service in the background. It is a bit irritating to stop Windows Media Player 11 and WMPNSCFG.exe completely.

This service is associated with network sharing service. You must ensure that you are not at all using it. I think you can turn that off or simply disable it and it is going to work quiet fine. You must disable file sharing first. Go in Network and Sharing Center and stop all kinds of sharing. That is quiet the best way to stop wmpnscfg.exe.

It looks Windows Media Player starts up automatically when you turn your system on. You can kill it if you want. If it is not using much of your system resources that it is quiet valid for you to let it run in the background. It is recommended that you must go in Service and disable file sharing completely. Also there are option available for media sharing. You must get rid of that also.

I had just upgraded to Windows Media Player 10. After upgrade I checked in Startup Folder. The wmpnscfg.exe keeps on appearing again and again. I delete that but still it appear back. So it looks that the .exe file is triggered through registry settings. I found the settings to disable that from web. I found that there are ways you can stop it from registry. The settings lies in HKEY_CURRENT_USER not HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. It is recommended that you take a backup before doing that. Also disable Share My Media option from Windows Media Player 11 Library options.

I had installed 11.0.5721.5144 version of Windows Media Player. I found that the service starts automatically and eats a amount of system ram. It was related to media sharing. I was trying to disable that but somehow it started. I will follow the registry fix step. I think that might block it completely.

There are some task killer software. They offer you advance option to block any service or application from starting on its own. It is not at all complicated to deal with the same.