Thread: C00D118E - Cannot sync with the portable device

C00D118E - Cannot sync with the portable device

I have installed windows Media Player few hours ago but since then whenever i am trying to start it i am getting below error message:

"Your device is using an outdated driver that is no longer supported by Windows Media Player. For additional assistance, click Web Help."

I have checked out the web page that comes up with the error an have tried out the resolution mentioned there but no luck. My system is old but it is up to date with the requirement of windows media player, don't know what's wrong, is there anything i can try out to fix this error??

I had faced the same error after installing windows media player in one of my office system but later i was able to get rid of the same after deleting HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Media Device Manager\Plugins\SP.. If you want than you can simply rename it rather than deleting it. I have deleted it and since than i haven't come across the same error again and media player works fine.

Renaming HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Media Device Manager\Plugins\SP worked out for. I used to get the mentioned error message every time i used to start windows media player 11 but now it wont come up, thanks for sharing your tick. I had simply wasted time in uninstalling and reinstalling media player quite a few times