Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Media Player
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Cannot add any music files in Windows Media Player 11 library

Media Player

Old 24-05-2006

Cannot add any music files in Windows Media Player 11 library

I need some help with Windows Media Player 11. The system was freezing so I turned that off forcefully. After turning it on back again, I found that I cannot add any audio to the library. My old playlist loads fines, but I when I drag the audio files nothing happens. The audio files disappear quickly on adding.

Old 19-07-2006

Try to re-install it back again. I think there is some issue with the index file. It is not able to generate your song list and due to which it fails to load. Run Windows Update. Check that there is any specific update available related to Windows Media Player. Add that and retry. Second thing you can do is, create a new user profile in your system. Then try to create a list of songs and then check back. I am sure it is going to work well.
Old 10-02-2009

There is a db file which is the cause of creating a list of audio files. It is some wmdb file. If this is corrupt you will not be able to load songs nor create a playlist. This is a common issue and can be resolved by just installing Windows Media Player back again. I will recommend you to do the same. You must get some error while adding the songs, and that will put more highlight. There is no way to reset the library I think in Windows.
Old 24-01-2010

Remove media player and delete all existing folders related to that. Do not forget to wipe out the registry entries also. This will help you to get rid of settings which are not needed. There can be some issue with the library. There are short files but getting into much technical solution will be waste of time. As mentioned above just re-install the media player, that's all.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Media Player
Tags: , , ,