I have Windows XP with Windows Media Player 10. Facing strange problem since last couple of weeks. Whenever I try playing any media embedded on websites, I get a dreaded codec error, C00D119A. But at the same if I download that file on my hard drive and play it in WMP, it works fine. Also if right click that file and copy the file location and put that in WMP, it works fine.
Only I get the error while playing the media directly on the web page using WMP. I tried it with both Internet Explorer and Firefox but get the same problem. So far I tried out changing IE settings, reinstalling Windows Media Player and re-installing Codecs but nothing helped.
Request you guys to please provide some working solutions. Thank you.